August 2, 2021

Ahead of the Curve: Introducing the Magna Pants

The summer is starting to whizz by here, and I can’t believe it’ll be October and book launch time before long! Writing a book is definitely a long process, but it’ll be amazing (and maybe a bit surreal?!) to finally see it in stores. Did you already pre-order? It’s a really big deal for authors to get pre-orders, so if you’re interested, please do place your pre-order from us or at your local independent retailer.

Jump to other posts in this series:

But let’s get on to why you’re actually here… it’s another pattern reveal! And this time it’s….. the Magna Pants.

Dibs in the Magna Pants, paired with the Stanway T-shirt (also from the book)

The Magna Pants are high waisted, woven, slim leg pants, with a side invisible zip (optional, depending on your waist/hip ratio) and a narrow elasticated back waistband. They’re easy and breezy to sew and wear and are sure to be a wardrobe staple.

The Magna Pants do some heavy lifting when it comes to fit tutorials in the book! We’ll be using the pattern pieces to learn about full tummy adjustments, full bum adjustments, flat bum adjustments, thin or full thighs adjustments, crotch adjustments…. and more!

This pair is made from amazing viscose called “Urban Leo” from the brand Mind the Maker which you can find at local fabric stores! On top, Dibs has a Stanway T-shirt from a simple bamboo jersey.

More pattern reveals are still to come in the meantime, so keep your eyes peeled!

9 thoughts on “Ahead of the Curve: Introducing the Magna Pants

1. Pal Koenig says:

Squeeeee!!!!!
    I am so excited
    I have wanted a pair of Laura Petrie Pants for so long!
    (Laura Petrie played by Mary Tyler Moore on the Dick van Dyke Show 1961-1966. Laura wore these great capri pants during the first season. However, the network found that most women wore dresses at home and we saw a whole lot less of her in pants)

2. Terri Millet says:

I love this pant! I prefer a slim leg and can’t wait to have a great fit!

3. Michelle says:

Just ordered the book on pre order so I hopefully can get it quickly in Australia. Love love the pant and hope the other designs are as amazing as the pants and tee.

4. Jane says:

I have preordered the book can’t wait for the new book and patterns and instructions for them.😃

5. Peggy says:

It’s as though you read my mind! Just today I finished my first pair of Calder pants and completely delighted. My thought was now that I have the perfect pattern for woven palazzos, I need the ultimate slim leg woven pattern from Cashmerette. And here it is!
    Roll on October!

6. Maaike in Cali says:

Just ordered your book! Can’t wait to dive in and get sewing!!

7. Therese says:

I hope the book covers the order in which to make the adjustments when we require numerous adjustments since I need them all!! Hopefully I will be less overwhelmed making so many adjustments. These pants look amazing — I want to look as fabulous as your model!

8. Julie says:

Side zip? That’s kind of disappointing – means you can’t have a pocket on each side. EVERY pair of pants needs a pair of side pockets! Is there at least one pocket on the non-zip side? If not, I think you’ve got time before October to make an alteration and make the “errata” version of the digital pattern available for download from the website…….

9. Vicki says:

I’ve been wanting to make a knit pant with this exact silhouette. How do you think it would work to leave off the zip in a firm ponte? Can’t wait for my copy to arrive.

Let me know what you think!