It’s the first ever Cashmerette jumpsuit pattern! Sew a stylish jumpsuit designed specifically for your curves with the Mercier Jumpsuit, the Club pattern for October. Join Cashmerette Club for as little as $9 USD to get this pattern.
You’ve asked for it, and it’s finally here: our first ever jumpsuit pattern! Jumpsuits have been super trendy for a few years now, but if you’re curvy, it can be hard to find a jumpsuit that fits you well in all the places. But now you can skip the gaping neckline, the too-high crotch, and the too-long legs, and create your dream jumpsuit customized to your curves.
The Mercier is a knit jumpsuit with a wrap top, waist darts for shaping, straight-leg pants with an elasticated back waistband, and short sleeves (or use the sleeves from the Grafton Dress, Top and Skirt Mix & Match Pack). The wrap’s overlayer opens in the front to make the jumpsuit easy to get on and off, while tying securely at the waist when worn. Whether sewn up in a soft jersey for an everyday look or in a metallic knit for a dramatic showstopper, the Mercier will take your wardrobe to the next level.
Not yet ready to hop on the jumpsuit train? No problem! You can pair the Mercier’s wrap top with the skirts (and sleeves) from the Grafton Mix & Match Pack to create over two dozen different Mercier dresses.
The Mercier comes in sizes 0-32 and cup sizes C-H and is available exclusively to Cashmerette Club members. Not a member yet? Join today for as little as $9 (cancel anytime).
Megha is wearing a Mercier Jumpsuit in a size 4 C/D graded to a 6 in the waist and 12 in the hips. Her measurements are 32″ high bust, 34.5″ full bust, 28″ waist, and 42″ hip, and she is 5′ 2″.
Rachel is wearing a Mercier Jumpsuit in a size 18 G/H graded to a 20 in the hips. Her measurements are 43″ high bust, 49″ full bust, 40″ waist, and 50″ hips, and she is 5′ 5″.
Jan Marie is wearing a Mercier top paired with the Grafton circle skirt in a size 6 E/F. Her measurements are 33.5″ high bust, 37″ full bust, 28″ waist, and 38″ hip, and she is 5′ 4″.
Meet the Mercier Jumpsuit
Jumpstart your new style with the Mercier! Designed for curves, comfort, and style, the Mercier features:
- A wrap top in cup sizes C-H with waist darts for shaping: the underlayer of the wrap is sewn to the front waistband, while the overlayer is only attached at the side seam to create a big opening for easy access in and out of the jumpsuit.
- A neckband and ties to secure the wrap when worn—no gaping here!
- Short sleeves, or use the straight or bishop sleeves from the Grafton Mix & Match Pack
- Straight-leg pants with an elasticated back waistband that makes it easier to pull the pants over your hips
- Optional slash pockets
- Prefer a dress over a jumpsuit? Pair the Mercier’s wrap top with any of the skirts from the Grafton Mix & Match Pack
And the best part of sewing your own jumpsuit is that you can make it fit you exactly like you want. Whether you need to add or remove length from the torso, lengthen or shorten the legs, grade between sizes, or add more room for your tummy or bum, you can customize your Mercier to your unique shape to craft your ideal fit. So long, ill-fitting jumpsuits!
The Mercier is rated advanced beginner. Sew your first Mercier with confidence thanks to our free step-by-step video sewalong hosted by Mari of Sew Happy.
The Mercier is designed for light- to mid-weight knit fabrics such as jersey, ITY, Liverpool knit, double knit, or ponte with at least 25% stretch horizontally and 10% stretch vertically.
Rachel is wearing a silver striated knit Mercier Jumpsuit, and Jan Marie is wearing a Mercier/Grafton combo dress in a mid-weight poly crepe knit. Megha is wearing a Mercier Jumpsuit in a cotton tencel jersey generously gifted by our friends at Core Fabrics—and you can make your own with 11 kits available in their shop!
Make the Mercier Your Own
You can customize the Mercier by using the sleeves and skirts from the Grafton Mix & Match Pack—but the possibilities don’t end there.
- Want a romper or playsuit? Simply cut off the legs of the Mercier to your preferred length and you’ve got a jumpsuit with shorts.
- Want a fixed wrap instead of the ties? Baste the front layers together along the waistline, matching center notches and use the front and back waistbands without any of the ties, but you’ll need to make sure that you can fit the neck opening over your hips.
- Want to use one of the Grafton’s bodices instead of the Mercier’s wrap top? They will fit with the Mercier’s pants, but you’ll need to make sure you can get into the jumpsuit. For the scoop or square neck, you can add a slit in the center back. For the other necklines, you’ll need to add a zipper or buttons down the entire bodice center back.
We can’t wait to see how you hack the Mercier!
Fabric Requirements and Finished Garment Measurements for the Mercier Jumpsuit
Here are the fabric requirements for the Mercier:
And here are the finished garment measurements:
10% Off Croft Mill
Based in the UK, Croft Mill is a family-owned fabric shop with over 40 years of experience sourcing high-quality fabrics from local and international designers and manufacturers. Their online shop features over 2,500 fabrics, meaning that you’re guaranteed to find the perfect fabric for your first Mercier.
Also New in the Club this Month: Masterclass & Live Event
Club members in the Plus and All Access tiers get a new fitting masterclass every month! This month, Jenny is diving into jeans fitting. From the waistband all the way down to the hem, Jenny’s taking a close look at common jeans fit challenges and helping you sort them out. If you live in jeans but haven’t yet found your ideal fit, you won’t want to miss this one.
Plus and All Access members also get access to this month’s live event. This month, we’re doing a show and tell! Club members will get a chance to share their Cashmerette makes and get advice from Jenny.
Head to the Club dashboard to learn more and register to attend. Can’t make it live? This event will be recorded and shared with members afterward.
We can’t wait to see what you make with this pattern! Join Cashmerette Club today to download the Mercier Jumpsuit and get started sewing instantly.
(Joining after October 2023? You’ll need to sign up at the All Access level to get the Mercier Jumpsuit.)