Fit and flare dresses are classic for a reason – and now there’s a pattern that comes in cup sizes, too, so it’ll actually fit! The Upton Dress has a fitted bodice with round or v-neck options for the front and back necklines, and two skirts: one gored, and one pleated. It has a lined bodice and an invisible zipper, and is great for confident beginners and beyond.
Plus, with the new Upton Dress & Skirt plus Mix & Match Expansion, you can turn the Upton into over 350 dress and skirt combinations!
This sewalong takes you through the construction step-by-step of both the classic Upton and the Upton expansion, with comprehensive photographs and instructions to accompany the pattern instructions.
- Jenny’s two Uptons
- Your Cashmerette Makes: Four Uptons to Love!
- Upton Daywear Inspiration
- Upton Evening & Party Inspiration
- Upton Wedding Inspiration
- Prepare Your Fabric & Pattern
- Grading Between Sizes – Top or Dress with Bust and Waist Darts
- Grading Between Sizes – Top or Dress with Princess Seams
- Download the Free Upton Mix & Match Worksheet
Sew the Upton Dress & Skirt
- Assemble the Darted Bodice
- Assemble the Princess Seamed Bodice
- Prepare the Sleeves
- Attach Lining (Sleeveless & Cap Sleeves)
- Attach Lining (Fitted, Flutter, & Tie Sleeves)
- Assemble the Skirt
- Finish the Dress
- Finish the Skirt