Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission should you choose to make a purchase using these links.
Welcome to your one-stop shop for all things bra sewing! We’ve rounded up the best bra-making guides, workshops, and tutorials from around the web, plus a special offer for Cashmerette fans: $10 off this year’s International Bra Sewing Bee!
Jump to another post in this series:
- Bra fitting guide overview
- How to choose your bra size
- How to make a test bra
- How to adjust the back band
- How to adjust the gore/bridge
- How to adjust the cups
- How to adjust the side seam angle
- How to adjust the straps
- How to adjust the underwires
- How to make an asymmetrical bra
- Additional bra making resources
Whether you’re sewing your first bra or have a whole me-made lingerie drawer, there’s always more to learn about the wondrous world of bra making.
Start with the best bra for you
Set yourself up for success by making the ideal bra for a large bust! The Cashmerette Willowdale Bra is a full frame underwire bra sewing pattern in sizes 28C-54J with a 4-piece cup design for vital support and lift in a beautifully rounded shape. With 126 sizes to choose from, a detailed illustrated instruction booklet, and lots of sourcing and fitting support on our blog, the Willowdale is your best starting point for bra making.
The Cashmerette Bra Fitting Guide
Bra fitting can be challenging, but we’ve made it so much more approachable with the Cashmerette Bra Fitting Guide. This guide covers how to choose your size, make a muslin, and how to make adjustments to create a bra that fits like a dream.
International Bra Sewing Bee
The International Bra Sewing Bee brings together bra sewists from around the world to enhance their skills, connect with businesses, and celebrate this beautiful art form. The 2022 Bra Sewing Bee takes place on August 4-7th (with a Beginner Bee pre-event July 30-31st) and includes live and pre-recorded classes, sewalongs, community forum, and more.
- Sewing Bras: Construction & Fit with Beverly Johnson (Craftsy course)
- Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques with Beverly Johnson (Craftsy course)
- Sewing Bras: Foam, Lace & Beyond with Beverly Johnson (Craftsy course)
- Bare Essentials: Bras by Jennifer Lynne Matthews-Fairbanks
- The Bra-Makers Manuals by Beverly Johnson
- Sew Busty’s Bra Making Guide
- Bra sewalongs on YouTube by LizSews
- Bra making tools checklist from Tailor Made Shop
- How to dye bra notions from Cloth Habit and also here from Seamwork
- How to make foam bra cups from Cloth Habit
- How to convert a bra into a nursing bra from Sew Fearless
- How to sew your own hook & eye set from Kat Makes and also here from the Sewcialists
- How to sew adjustable bra straps from Tailor Made Shop
- How to convert a bra pattern to a front closure bra from LizSews
- How to draft a mastectomy pocket and how to sew a breast form from Bra-makers Supply
- Design ideas to customize your bra from the Curvy Sewing Collective
- Bra Making Forum Facebook group
- BRAugust photo challenge hosted by Tailor Made Shop
- The Sewcialists’ #AllChestsWelcome blog series
We hope these resources help you on your bra-making journey! If you have other resources you love, be sure to drop them in the comments below and we’ll add them to the list.