Hi everyone, and welcome to the sew-along for the first Cashmerette Pattern, the Appleton Dress!
I’m Carrie, a fellow sewing blogger and part of the Cashmerette team. I’ll be walking us through this project and sharing my own Appleton Dress along the way!
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be working through this pattern. If your bust is smaller than a C cup (like me!), I’m going to show you how to make a quick and easy Small Bust Adjustment; it worked well on my dress! This pattern is suitable for advanced beginners (or brave beginners – go you!). Feel free to leave your questions in the comments and we’ll help you through them!
Here’s what our sew-along schedule is going to look like:
- Tuesday 10/13: Inspiration!
- Thursday 10/15: Choosing your fabric
- Monday 10/19: Prepping your fabric and your pattern, selecting your size
- Wednesday 10/21: Small Bust Adjustment
- Friday 10/23: Cutting & notching your fabric
- Monday 10/26: Finishing waist tie hole, sewing shoulders, hemming wrap
- Wednesday 10/28: Constructing neckband and waist tie
- Friday 10/30: Attaching waist tie and neckband
- Monday 11/2: Sewing in sleeves in the flat
- Wednesday 11/4: Sewing side seams, reinforcing waist tie hole
- Friday 11/6: Hemming sleeves and skirt
- Friday 11/13: Appleton Party! Woohoo!
After that, you’ll have a new wardrobe staple! Depending on the fabric you choose, this is such an easy dress to dress up for a night out or down for a day in the office. We can’t wait to see what you create! Make sure to share your Appleton Dresses with us by using the hashtag #AppletonDress.
After the sew-along, we’ll share a roundup of your creations on Friday 11/13. Not on social media? Send me your makes at email@example.com to have your dress included in the roundup. And exciting news, one of our favorite online sources of jersey, Emma One Sock, has generously offered to provide a prize! Stay tuned for more information on the contest and giveaway.
Will you be joining us on the sewalong? Do you have any questions you’d like answered in advance?
If you’d like to add the sewalong badge to your blog, you can copy and paste the code below!